Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Thinking Out Loud

This has been a hectic week. I hate weeks like this...I need time to wind down and relax in the evenings and that has been basically non-existent this week. Here's a list of what's gone on:
  • Two Open Houses at School--7th/8th grades on Tuesday, 5th/6th grades on Thursday, both lasting until after 8:30 (but my student teacher and I skipped out after second period on Tuesday nite, as we don't have older kids for the later classes). Also had to run two night-time broadcasts from the tv studio at school that went well but added to the stress level.
  • Friday night, ballgame at Antioch....I feel good that I'm a band mom because I do like doing things for my girls but I hate having to be at every freaking game and contest. Plus I had to ride the bus this week.....NEVER AGAIN! It's like the 7th circle of hell from Dante's Inferno. Loud kids, bumpy, uncomfortable rides.....

Next week looks just as busy. I'm getting my hair cut Tuesday nite and there's actually a band booster meeting on Monday nite. I'm going to have to psych myself up to go to the band booster meeting. Thursday nite I'm expected to be at the uniform room to help sort the uniforms after they come back from the cleaners, Friday nite is a ballgame....and next Saturday, God help us, is an all-day contest event beginning at 6:00 a.m. and very likely to last until after midnight. Arrrrgh!

Update on Educational Irritation from Last Week

Got an email bright and early Monday a.m. from TPTB that said not to worry, they won't mess with my fonts on the website. Barry emailed them too and told them these decisions they are making are just arbitrary and likely to make their users quit. Yeah! Another victory but why on earth do I have to deal with them in the first place????? Still, doing the happy dance at being allowed a smidge of creativity. Sometimes tirades work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote of the Day:

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits. ~~~ Albert Einstein

Ain't that the truth??!!

******************************************************

Random Things I Like

  • Reality tv
  • My cat
  • Ice cream
  • Chocolate
  • My car
  • Music
  • Laughter

Random Things I Dislike

  • Bad-smelling people
  • Red tape
  • Arbitrary decisions
  • Migraines
  • Golf on tv
  • Dentistry
  • Loss of free time

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's it, that's all, folks! Enjoy!

No comments: