Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Friday, April 27, 2007

Prom...24 Years Later

Well, Hannah is officially at the prom tonight. Of course she looks beautiful in her pink gown. I took her to get her hair done, feeling like a proud mama. I'm not normally big-time sentimental, at least not overtly so, and I'd promised her I wouldn't gush (unless it was to annoy her on purpose). Jeff's mom came over to see her and behaved well, too, something that had really been bugging Hannah who is absolutely her parents' daughter: No mushy, gushy, touchy-feely moments and we're all good.

But now that she's gone, I have to admit I'm a tad verklempt. Jeff and I went to three proms together, the last one in 1983. Now our beautiful daughter is off to her own prom. If I dwell on it, I could start to wonder where the time raced off to...but I'm trying to beat it back because well, that's how I am. I want to celebrate, not wallow. Plus Hannah would kill me if she knew I was being sentimental. But still...I suppose this is what I was thinking in the back of my mind when Jeff and I were first together all those years ago: Will we one day have a daughter who we'll watch go to her prom just as our parents watched us? Yes, we will, and she is wonderful. See for yourself.


~taminator40






No comments: