Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Helen of Troy Review

I finished Helen of Troy by Margaret George this afternoon. It was part of my tbr_challenge list, and at 600+ pages, I was afraid it might take me all summer! Fortunately, it was such a great read (much, much better than George's last foray, Mary Called Magdalene), that I could hardly put it down at night and found myself thinking about it throughout the day. This is not an era of history I'm very familiar with, and I might not have picked this book up had it not been written by Margaret George, whose works, with the exception of MCM, have all been excellent works of historical fiction. I'm very pleased to have finished another tbr_challenge book that might have languished a very long time unread without the push to get it done. Makes me wonder what else I'm overlooking in that massive amount of books I own? Hopefully I'll get a chance to get to a few more soon.

Here's the link to my amazon.com review:
http://tinyurl.com/yrmn9w

Don't let the size put you off. This one's a keeper.

~taminator40

No comments: