Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Sunday, December 30, 2007

My Top Ten of 2007

The following qualify as my Top Ten Reads for 2007. Beyond the first listed, the others are in no particular order:

  • A Place Beyond Courage by Elizabeth Chadwick (read this book...it's so rich in language, place, and character, a truly stellar experience)
  • Lords of the North by Bernard Cornwell
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (A unique story that moves along thrillingly)
  • Companions of the Night by Vivian Van Velde (raises YA lit to a new level)
  • Helen of Troy by Margaret George
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Ride of Our Lives by Mike Leonard
  • The September Girls by Maureen Lee
  • The Sex Lives of Cannibals by J. Maarten Troost

Overall, it wasn't an outstanding reading year for me. The 10/10s were few and far between, and many of my reads fell in the 7/10 category (good but not great). I am hoping that next year I'll choose my reads more wisely and read what I want when I want without worrying over reviews or what I *should* read. As my friend Maudeen said, guilt-free reading should be our goal!

~taminator40

No comments: