Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Host by Stephenie Meyer



I wish I had more words to describe how much I love The Host by Stephenie Meyer. From its earliest pages, I was captured by the alternative Earth Ms. Meyer creates; we meet Wanderer, the alien who has been inserted into a young woman's body in order to live a lifetime here on Earth. Thinking things will go just as they have in her other eight lifetimes, Wanderer is jolted to learn that Melanie, her human host, has no intentions of leaving her body and her mind to be taken over. That Wanderer is a sympathetic character makes the story more than just an us vs. them tale; the relationships between the characters bring forth so many emotions that I found myself literally peeking ahead to see what was going to happen next. This is a tale that's crawled into my own soul, and one I can highly, highly recommend. I give it a much fuller review at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1F7JLZ1BDPVP3/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm. Read this book.

~taminator40

2 comments:

Andi said...

Squeee! I can't wait to read this one. It's up next.

Taminator said...

Andi, you're going to LOOOOVE it! I guarantee it!